Effective collaboration is complex and challenging, given more mobile and dispersed work forces, the need to reduce costs, and the desire for reduced power consumption, cooling, and overall carbon footprint. To help meet these challenges, organizations are looking for deployment flexibility. Flexibility that includes the option to choose collaboration applications delivered to them as services, hosted by someone else. The Cisco® Hosted Collaboration Solution is designed to deliver this capability.
The Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution enables the delivery of Cisco’s industry-leading collaboration applications from Cisco partner HCS clouds in“as-a-service” models. Its architectural framework allows the creation of differentiated service bundles by HCS partners, providing customers with a rich portfolio of cloud collaboration options to choose from.
By consuming collaboration services from the cloud, an organization can decouple the feature sets for their users from their locations. This enables IT to provide differentiated collaboration solutions for users based on their role in the organization, regardless of location. You can choose simple to-consume packages or “as-a-service” solutions to be deployed wherever and whenever it is required. These solutions can be turned on at the customer’s pace and scaled as required. In addition they can be managed efficiently through the HCS management platform. This flexibility and agility helps safeguard investments while providing IT agility that enables efficient resource management. Existing Cisco cloud collaboration customers are realizing these benefits:
- Accelerated transition to collaboration (customer journey)
- Optimized resources and capital (predictability and annuity based)
- IT agility (standardized/consolidated services and management)
- Evergreen applications and services (features and capabilities)
- Ability to ramp service up or down (flexibility)
Cisco HCS Unified Communications and Collaboration Applications
Cisco offers the industry’s broadest portfolio of unified communications and collaboration applications and services. Central to Cisco HCS is the availability of this portfolio in a hosted environment. Users can enjoy the same rich collaboration feature set, whether the application resides on the customer’s premises, in a service provider’s data center, or a combination of the two.
With HCS, partners can offer the following UC&C applications to their end customers:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (call control for voice and video)
- Cisco Unity® Connection (voicemail)
- Cisco Jabber™ (instant messaging/presence and soft endpoint)
- Cisco Unified Mobility for Nokia, iPhone, and Google Android clients
- Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console
- Cisco Contact Center Enterprise (customer collaboration)
- Cisco WebEx® (web conferencing)
- Cisco TelePresence® (point-to-point and multipoint videoconferencing)
These applications are provisioned in the cloud using CUCDM and CCDM. Cisco Unified Communications Domain Manager (CUCDM) and the Cisco Unified Contact Center Domain Manager (CCDM) are the UC domain managers within Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS). These domain managers empower service providers and large enterprises to manage their UC services and applications, and the various disparate network elements, from a single platform.
Questivity has the experience and the technical expertise to design and deliver solutions utilizing all the components within the HCS framework that help customers adapt to the Cisco HCS paradigm and/or migrate to the HCS where the customer may have concerns about protecting their existing investments in the collaboration.